Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I’m headed to the Cowboys game but first, I’m sharing 10 things I’m thankful for in sports for 2016. Not gonna lie, it’s been kind of a weird year with some not so happy sports story lines but I managed to come up with 10 things I’m thankful for, here they are:
- Ricky Fowler not having anyone to kiss. It’s just so so good. Still LOLing at his face when all his teammates kissed their SOs after winning the Ryder Cup and Rickie rocked out that solo life!
- Epic finishes. There were some pretty stellar finishes when it came to championships in 2016. My favorite is the Villanova buzzer beater for the NCAA Championship.
Also notable are the World Series. How about the Cubs winning in the 10th inning of game 7?!
LeBron James having a triple-double to lead the Cavs to win the NBA Championship in game 7.
- Jane Hudson. I am so obsessed with these perfect game day dresses and I’m glad I get to call her my friend.
- Zac Efron surprising Simone Biles at the Olympics. I just love seeing people’s dreams come true!
- My Colorado Buffs! Look it has been a while since my Buffs have killed in on the gridiron. I am so proud of them and here’s hoping for a PAC 12 title! Also, I have to say, seeing the CU soccer team was so cool. I am so proud that they’re consistently ranked and I hope one day they go all the way. It truly is the closest a college town can get to heaven.
- The Dallas Cowboys, for being controversial in the best way…winning big and shutting down the haters. I’m not technically a Cowboys fan but, hey, can’t help but root for the new home team and for Dak! (Check out these DIY Fanicure kits to show your support for your team!)
- Kliff Kingsbury and Texas Tech. I have become an honorary Red Raider thanks to my new friends in Dallas and let’s be honest, Kliff has been on my radar now for a while!
- SEC Tailgates. LSU was probably the best tailgate I’ve been to and we didn’t know a soul there. And that stadium…wow! Really hoping we get to meet one day.
- The Royal Standard. I can’t tell you how perfect their game day items are for game day or really any day! I’ve used their pieces, like the football mug every day.
- I’m most thankful that nothing matters but the game when it comes to sports. In a particularly angry time, its nice that we can check out and just watch a good game here in this beautiful country.
Well that does it for my annual list! You can listen for more detail on the podcast tonight. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am SO thankful for all of you and that I get to do this every day!