In case you chose E’s “Live from the Red Carpet” followed by the Golden Globes and then capped off your night with Girls, here’s a quick recap of what you missed this weekend in sports.
1) The Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints to move on to the NFC Championship next weekend where they will host the San Francisco 49ers. The Niners beat the Carolina Panthers on Saturday. The NFC Championship is Sunday January 19th at 6:30EST on FOX.
2) The New England Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts so they will travel to Denver to play the Broncos next weekend in the AFC Championship, since the Broncos beat the San Diego Chargers last night. The AFC Championship kicks off on CBS at 3EST.
3) Olympic Gold Medalist, Lindsay Vonn, announced that she is withdrawing from the Sochi Olympics because her knee is too unstable. She underwent major knee surgery 11 months ago.
4) Former Louisville football coach, Charlie Strong, is taking over for Mack Brown at the University of Texas. Brown coached the Longhorns from 1998-2013. It’s the end of an era at Texas.
5) Bobby Petrino will be taking over for Charlie Strong at Louisville. Petrino has a bit of a negative reputation morally, since his dismissal from Arkansas for having “an inappropriate relationship” with a female employee.
6) Jimmy Walker won the Sony Crown at the Sony Open in Honolulu this past weekend. Walker pulled away from the pack with three straight birdies on the back nine of Waialae on Sunday. He closed with a 7-under-par 63.
Well that’s our quick recap, don’t forget to tune in and watch the Australian Open (it starts today). And please tune in Sunday to the Conference Championships, to find out who will be heading to the Super Bowl!! Happy watching!