Tomato-Prosciutto Grilled Cheese
- ½ canned San Marzano tomato, diced
- ⅛ cup chopped red onion
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. honey
- 8 pieces whole-grain bread
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar, divided
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot over medium heat, cook tomato, onion and garlic for about 15 minutes until tomato breaks down and resembles jam.
- Add vinegar and honey to the pot and cook another 15 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and black pepper.
- On a cookie sheet, arrange 4 slices of bread and top with ¼ cup of cheese and 1 slice of prosciutto.
- Bake 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Add the tomato jam evenly among the 4 sandwich halves, and then top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Place one sandwich in the skillet and cook over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Slice diagonally and serve.
Nutritional Info: 488 calories per sandwich, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.