It isn’t quite time to head outside or turn to the fireplace at halftime for a warm treat, so when I stumbled across this little compromise, I had to share it. Not to mention, these little S’more Bites won’t leave you with any extra pre-holiday bulge (they’re only 144 cals per square, YES!). Cook these up and you’re bound to be a hit with boys…and the gals!
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 bag (10 oz.) marshmallows
- 6 cup rice-crisp cereal
- 1 cup melted semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 ½ rectangular graham crackers (or 15 squares)
- 1 cup marshmallow crème (such as fluff)
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows and cook, stirring, until smooth, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine marshmallows with cereal; mix well.
- In the bottom of a 9”x13” pan, spread half of cereal mixture into a thin, even layer. Top with warmed chocolate.
- Place graham crackers in a single layer over chocolate, breaking crackers as needed to fit; top with crème.
- Spread remaining half of cereal mixture over crème; press lightly to cement layers together.
- Let S’mores sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.