It’s opening weekend for college football and I was sitting watching the Michigan/Hawaii game when I realized I have no idea what I am going to wear to the USC/Alabama game this evening. Here’s the thing…I’m real ready for fall and its still blazing hot here in Dallas.
While I was fishing around in my closet I found my go to NFL bag, a small (very small) black Prada bag from a couple of seasons ago. Looks like they’re actually back in stock! I digress…when I saw this bag, that I bought specifically to align with the NFL bag policy it clicked that although I was headed to a college game, it was at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. So their security rules will be in effect.
I will absolutely do a recap of what I wore to the game BUT I wanted to take this opportunity to make sure you all knew about the current stadium bag policies. The NFL policy is the most consistent and strict and here are the guidelines:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags will be available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com/allclear), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, non-approved seat cushions*, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
OK so if you’re headed to a college stadium, NBA, NHL, MLB or MLS game you should always check with the venue ahead of time by visiting their site just to make sure. However, you can always default to the above policy as a standard if you’re ever unsure.
As I mentioned, I love that little Prada bag because it fits my phone, sunglasses, chapstick and my credit card. It’s all I need!
The price tag is a little steep on this guy but here are a couple other options:
I’m not sure how I feel about this but I feel like I may end up getting one and trying it!
I will do some more research and report back but please do your homework before you head out of the house ladies! You don’t need all that stuff for the game, just the essentials. Have fun and be safe!