It’s almost Mother’s Day and I know this is a little selfish, but I LOVE Mother’s Day because my mom and I always have a fun adventure. When I was living in San Diego, every year we would head to our favorite spa and indulge in a day of luxury and relaxation (and Champagne)! But now that we don’t live in the same state, we have to plan and this year my mama is headed to Dallas where we will start our ROAD TRIP!
There’s nothing like a road trip to kick of summer. Plus, my mama happens to be one of the coolest, most fun-loving gals so she’s always down for an adventure. Our plan is to head to San Antonio first and take in the River Walk. I haven’t been to San Antonio since our Big 12 tournament for soccer in college…in 2003. That was so long ago LOL. So I’m super excited to check it out with my partner in crime. After a couple nights in SA, we’re headed to Austin. My mom has been dying to visit Austin so I figured we’d check that out on our way home. Plus, I haven’t been there since we BEAT Texas in 2003.
I also have a little surprise for my main gal, she’s obsessed…ok we’re obsessed…with Fixer Upper on HGTV. So I have planned to stop at the silos in Waco on our way home from Austin. She has no idea what we’re in for but I’m super excited to see how happy she will be there.
Now I know we are closing in on Mother’s Day and perhaps it’s a little late to plan a trip but here are some of my ideas for the sporty mama in your life!
- Tickets. There are tons of games this Sunday but if that doesn’t fit into your plans then save them for another day.
- Live Love Game Day Apparel. I cannot say enough about how adorable these game day items are. They’re perfect for any sports mama.
- Jane Hudson. In the same vein, if you’ve got a fashionista in your life, these dresses are perfect for not only game day but any day.
- Fanicure. If your mama has a favorite team, treat her to the ultimate manicure – a fanicure.
- The Utimate Tailgate gear. If you follow the blog, you know I love The Royal Standard. They have an array of perfect items for any mama who likes to cook and hostess. I am also obsessed with this little casserole.
- Number earrings. If your mama has a little one or a favorite player, I LOVE the idea of these earrings. SO subtle but still sporty and supportive.
- Game Day Feels. I love their wrap bracelets and key chains. You can personalize them or go with one of their classics.
- Baseball sneakers. If you have a baseball fan mama, a pair of my new baseball sneakers are a great gift for her. They’re cute for a game but cute enough for any day.
- Custom pillow (or gear). I am obsessed with my “Sports Brat” pillow. You can customize this for mama or one of their tees or sweatshirts.
- Game Day Bag. What gal doesn’t love a new bag? Grab her one that’s stadium approved so she’ll tote it along to every game and think of you. I bought this one 4 years ago and its my go-to! I’m also currently wanting this bad!!
I hope you all have the best Mother’s Day! I’ll put up a full recap of our road trip! And you can follow along on my instagram @TheSportsBrat and on Facebook at The Sports Brat. Have a great week!