A couple of weeks ago I had a hankering for some green bean casserole and I got to thinking…how can we make Thanksgiving favorites, tailgate-appropriate? Well, you eliminate the need for utensils (no offense forks). So I went ahead and turned this classic dish into crowd-pleasing and tailgate-friendly bites!
- 2 cans of cut green beans, drained
- 1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can French’s fried onions (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease 16 (2 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
- Stir the green beans, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and 2/3 cup fried onions in a large bowl.
- Roll each biscuit into a 4-inch circle.
- Press the biscuit circles into the bottoms and up the sides of the muffin-pan cups, creating a little bowl.
- Divide the green bean mixture among the biscuit cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuit cups are golden brown and remove from oven.
- Stir the remaining cheese and onions in a small bowl and sprinkle over the green bean cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Fan Tip: I reheated these guys a couple of times and they were just as yummy so if you had to prep them the night before the game, they’ll be just as good the next day!