I fell pretty comfortable combing the interweb for cute football ideas but I don’t do as much hosting for basketball and come to find out, there are tons of killer March Madness treats out there! I stumbled on these freaking adorable March Madness Jell-O shots and I’m not sure my life will ever be the same. I found these Jell-O shots on Sheknows.com and just tweaked a couple little things. But hey, let’s not reinvent the wheel if we don’t need to! Here’s what you’ll need.’
Here’s a quick little video, but the more detailed instructions are below.
March Madness Jell-O Shots
- 20 (1.5-ounce) plastic shot glasses
- 1 white paint marker
- 3 cups Sprite
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 cantaloupe
- Melon baller
- Downloadable Backboard Template
Building Your March Madness Jell-O Shots:
1. Using the white paint marker, draw big Xs all around the plastic shot glasses to make the “net.”
2. Print the Downloadable Backboard Template on cardstock, and cut them out. Cute two slits on the sides of the inside box so the book can stay on the top of the shot glass.
3. Sprinkle 1 ounce of gelatin over 1 cup of cold vodka. Mix it thoroughly.
4. In a pan, heat 3 cups of Sprite until boiling and then pour over the gelatin mixture, and stir until it’s fully combined.
5. Pour Jell-O mixture into each glass and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but you can totally make these the day before and leave them over night.
6. Using the smaller end of a melon baller, make cantaloupe “basketballs”.
7. Attach the basketball backboards to the glasses and top each jello shot with a cantaloupe “basketball”.
Add these little March Madness Jell-O shots to any basketball party to impress your guests! Plus they taste amazing!! For more ideas on March Madness try these Fried Mozzarella (basket)balls. And if you need help filling out your March Madness bracket. I’ve got you covered! Click here. There you have it! The perfect March Madness line up.
Now go fill out those brackets and good luck! I hope someone picks a perfect bracket and becomes a billionaire this year.