Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and on game day you need to be in tip top form. This hash brown bake that I’m about to share with you is super easy and will have your guests thinking you’re a real professional chef. *Tip – pick an elegant-looking baking dish to really make it look pro and to add a little class to that game day. I also LOVE this one from TheRoyalStandard.com.
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 3 lbs. all-purpose potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a shallow, 2 quart ceramic or glass baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat, until hot.
- Add onion and cook 9 min. or until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg white, parsley, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper until eggs are blended.
- Add thyme to skillet and cook 1 min. Promptly remove from heat.
- Working quickly, peel potatoes and grate in food processor with grating attachment or on large holes of box grater.
- Add grated potatoes and onions to egg mixture and stir until blended.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Brush the top of potatoes with remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until surface is browned and tip of knife can easily pierce through.
- Let it cool in dish for 10 mins and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you’re all about meal prep, you can make this the night before, let it cool completely and cover it in foil and refrigerate. Then reheat at 400 for 30 mins, covered, or until completely warm.