Well Turkey Day is only a couple days away and while everyone is focused on food and football, you can add some value by bringing the most delicious (and adorable) beverage….apple cider, served in actual apple cups! We borrowed the recipe from A Beautiful Mess and took it a step further with the apple cups. It’s simple and so cute, your guests will remember more than just the Turkey this year!
- 4-5 cups apple juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 oz. spiced rum (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks to garnish
- 2 apples
1) Slice the tops off the 2 apples, then hollow out with a melon baller and set aside.
2) In a small pot heat the apple juice, spices and rum (if using) over low/medium heat.
3) Stir often while the mixture is heating so the spices will blend into the juice (you don’t want any spice clumps).
4) Once it’s hot pour into apples and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
5) Serve warm and enjoy!