On average, I make this guac twice a week. Avocados are super good for you and that is my reasoning and I’m sticking to it! As we head into football season…AKA the tailgate season…I thought I would share my super easy basic guacamole recipe. FYI I am one of those people that can’t handle raw onions or cilantro (hey its genetic peeps!) so this is an extra safe guac to serve if you have guests and may not know their preferences.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of light sour cream
- 2 table spoons of salsa (I use Pace)
- A dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Scoop out avocado into a bowl, remove pit.
- Add salsa and sour cream. Stir until a light green/creamy texture is achieved. You may adjust amounts of sour cream and salsa based on size of avocado.
- Add dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and tabasco to taste. Stir all together.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
*Serves 1-2 people but just adjust if you’re needing to accommodate more!