I was beyond excited when Paige from @ForkinTexas asked me to collaborate with her and Rao’s to host a Sunday Italian dinner party. I’m Italian, I love Italian food and I love Paige, so it was a no brainer for me. Here’s a link to our video.
Growing up my extended family (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and my family) had a big Sunday Italian dinner. It was one of my favorite things and if I’m ever home in San Diego, I look forward to dropping in on my family; they still do it every Sunday!
Now for the recipes, we use Rao’s products in almost everything (except one appetizer). So let’s start from the beginning.
Sunday Italian Dinner:
- Bag of Italian mix lettuce
- hearts of palm
- artichoke hearts
- seasoned croutons
- Rao’s Red Wine House Dressing
- Assemble all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with Rao’s Red Wine House Dressing.
- Mozzarella pearls
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Rao’s Olive Oil
- Use toothpicks to assemble the skewers by alternating tomatoes, salami, mozzarella and basil.
- Finish by drizzling with balsamic and Rao’s olive oil.
Rao’s Arriabbiata Pasta:
- Boil water and add rigatoni and follow directions for cooking on the box.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the Rao’s Arrabbiata sauce in a large bowl.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Caramelized Onion Pizza:
- Pre-made pizza dough
- Goat Cheese
- One yellow onion, sliced
- Rao’s Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and place pizza shell on a baking sheet.
- Caramelize the onions in a non-stick pan by adding a little Rao’s Olive oil and balsamic. Cook for about 15 minutes until they’re soft.
- Assemble pizza by sprinkling pizza seasoning and mozzarella over the shell, then add the onions, arugula and goat cheese.
- Finish with a drizzle of Rao’s Olive Oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and dough is golden brown.
There you have it! The perfect Italian dinner thanks to Rao’s. Head to their website here to see what products they have and you can snag their goodies at most grocery stores. I find it at Tom Thumb here in Dallas.
Have a great week everyone!