The Masters is coming up (April 5th) and so is Father’s Day (June 17th) and these golf cupcakes are the perfect treat for either event. I’d actually argue that they are pretty safe year-round. You could make them for a birthday party, housewarming or even for the 4th of July and change the white flags to be American flags. Really these are maybe the most perfect treat I’ve ever seen. I found them on EasyBaked. And as that name states, these were shockingly easy. Stick with me and give them a try!
Are you dying?! These are so cute right? Ok here’s what you need to make them yourself!
Golf Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- Tub of frosting
- 1 cup of green sugar sprinkles
- 24 Lindt White Chocolate Truffles
- Flags for decoration
- Mellon baller
- 24 white cupcake liners
Ok now lets get to making these badboys.
Golf Cupcake Preparation
- Make the cupcakes per the instructions on the box and line 2 muffin tins with white cupcake liners.
- Divide batter evenly and bake.
- Let cupcakes cook completely, then use a Mellon baller or small tool to hollow out a little hole in the cupcake where the “ball” will go.
- Frost the top of the cupcake and dip the frosted top of the cupcake into a bowl or plate of the green sugar sprinkles.
- Place an unwrapped Lindt truffle into the hole.
- Top with the flag of your choice.
I used the small end of the Mellon baller to make the hole and it was perfect.
I love a good vanilla frosting so I topped my golf cupcakes with a whipped classic vanilla from the store.
And just like that your little creations take form. I was really shocked at how easy it was. I thought I wouldn’t be able to make pretty cupcakes but they ended up coming out pretty great (if I do say so myself). And for those of you wondering…I ate the white chocolate golf ball first, then tore into the cupcake per usual. I always have to try these recipes out before I share them.
I’m not sure there’s a better combo than chocolate with vanilla frosting so now I’m racking my brain to try to figure out how to make these cupcakes into other cute sporty things so stay tuned!
Have a great week everyone!