I’m all about balance and oatmeal is healthy so therefore, oatmeal raisin cookies are a healthy tailgate option, right? Well regardless of how healthy they are or are not, they’re always super tasty and a definite fan favorite!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder) together and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (sugar, butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla) in a mixer on low. Increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Fan Tip: Serve on this adorable board.