I snagged this recipe from Daina Falk’s The Hungry Fan’s Game Day Cookbook. I love Daina’s recipes because they truly are perfect for game day and the tailgate. And here’s the thing about these…they’re SO easy!
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- Slice the bananas into 40 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- Using a spoon, top 20 of the banana rounds with a small dollop of peanut butter. Top each with another banana slice to make 20 banana peanut butter sandwiches.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once they are frozen, melt the dark chocolate until smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the band sandwiches into the chocolate, coating them on all sides. Set them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (Here the original recipe calls for topping them with salt crystals if you prefer).
- I refroze them for another 30 mins. or so and then pulled them out and melted white chocolate in a glass measuring cup. I poured the white chocolate in a small ziplock bag and cut the tiniest hole at the tip. Finally, I piped on the laces to make them look like footballs.
- Put them back in the freezer until you’re ready to serve. Serve Frozen.
*Daina’s recipe calls for bittersweet dark chocolate, but I think you could dip these in milk, white or whatever your preference is. I did straight dark chocolate and loved it!
**The serve ware is all football-themed and can be found here.