I stole this one immediately when I saw my old teammate post them. This is one way to lighten up game day BUT not skimp on flavor (or satisfaction – they’re filling!) Oh and also they’re so dang good.
Side Note: serving them on this adorable football field platter is perfect for game day. Double side note: it’s under $20 and dishwasher safe!!! Whoo hoo!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. died chives
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup Frands Red Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place chicken, onion, spices, hot sauce and butter in a crock pot on low for 8 hours (you can speed this up if you need it sooner by upping the heat).
- Once it’s done cooking, shred the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and clean out the insides.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the peppers for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a baking sheet and stuff with chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
*Tip: You can top with cheese of your choice if you’d like.
If you’re headed to the tailgate, you can transport the peppers or the chicken in this bag from The Hungry Fan to keep items warm and even to finish cooking. Enjoy!!